Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Tuesday evening, and I didn't do any cooking yesterday at all. Dinner was a bowl of granola with vanilla soymilk, lol. Hey, it was what I wanted, and it sure was good.

Sunday night I had lentils and biscuits. No real recipe here, but basically, I heated some olive oil and butter in a saucepan, and sauteed some onions, garlic, and finely diced carrots, for about five minutes or so. Then I added about a quarter pound of lentils, a bay leaf, and six...I think...cups of water with two vegetable buillion(don't know how to spell it)cubes, and let it all simmer for about 45 minutes or so, until the lentils were nice and soft and the carrots were done. When I ladled it into my bowl, I added a good-sized chunk of butter(ok, ok, so it's really margarine), and ate it with hot, buttered biscuits. Pretty good stuff, too. I've been known to cook the lentils and have a baked potato with them, instead of biscuits. There's still some in the 'fridge, which may be dinner tonight, but I really don't think so.

I have some mushrooms, coconut milk, and unflavored chevre(goat cheese), and seems to me I can come up with some kind of creamy, buttery sauce for pasta, with a green veggie on the side. Comfort food to the nth degree, seriously.

My last post I mentioned the Fat Free Vegan site again, without an URL, but I have the URL so you can visit her site if you wish. It's a great site, I really think you'll like it. Here goes: http://blog-fatfreevegan.com
At least, I hope I've got it right. Let me know if I haven't, please, and I'll correct it.

On a different subject, I did another craft. This one came from Family Circle, and is, again, very, very simple: paper Christmas trees. Quite simply, it's two triangle shapes, both the same size, with a slit from the bottom about 2/3 of the way up on one, and a slit about 2/3 of the way down from the top of the other. Fit the two together, and there's your tree. A heavy paper works best. I "thought" I was using card stock, but it was rather limp, and the tops of my little trees curl a little bit, lol. There was also a pattern for a star, and I had better luck with that. Same principle: two components, two slits, fit the two together. I'm thinking of making several of the stars, probably with yellow construction paper, but maybe red, and hanging them here and there in the living room.

And, I found another recipe, also Family Circle. The name of it is "Asian Beef and Noodles," but of course I won't be using the beef. I'll use tofu, or possibly tempeh, instead. There was also a recipe for a mushroom omelette...that just might be dinner tonight. Sigh....Too many decisions for me to cope with right now. Anyway, when I make the Asian Noodles, I will post the recipe, as well as tell you how I liked it.

No comments:

Click to Mix and Solve Click for Mableton, Georgia Forecast