Sunday, July 12, 2009

Another New(to me)Website.

I came across this website today courtesy of the email newsletter from "The Simple Dollar." The site's url is http://www.supercook.com/ , and I think I've fallen in love, lol. What this site does is hook you up to recipes that utilize things you have in your kitchen. On the left side of the page is a box where you put the ingredient you have, and once you do, the right side of the page pops up with ideas for using that ingredient. For instance, I typed in potatoes, cabbage, and onions, and a bunch of recipes popped up, the first three of which I was informed that I had all that was needed for that one. I don't remember all three recipes, but the one I did like the looks of, and clicked on, was "Vegetarian Bubble and Squeek." Anyway, I hope you check the site out...and if the link in this post doesn't work, it's also on the left of the page here, under "JB's Favorites..." and I hope you enjoy it.

The hash I made from the leftover potatoes and chickpea sausage patties was wonderful. I cut up half a large onion, and let it cook in canola oil and margarine until it was almost, but not quite, caramelized. While the onion was cooking, I diced up the two cooked potatoes, just as finely as I could, and covered them with smoked paprika. When the onions were the way i wanted them, about 15 minutes, I guess, I scraped the 'taters in on top of them, and then put the leftover sausage mixture on top of the 'taters. Stirred it all up, let it get brown and crispy on one side and then turned it over and continued cooking it, until most of it had crisped up nicely. It was really and truly terrific, and is going to be one of my favorite meals, I think.

Until next time, Happy Eating!!!

2 comments:

Sherrie said...

Thanks for the website I can't wait to check it out !!

Anonymous said...

What's up, yeah this paragraph is really nice and
I have learned lot of things from it about blogging.
thanks.

Also visit my web page :: buy house quick

Click to Mix and Solve Click for Mableton, Georgia Forecast