Monday, November 10, 2008

Just Ramblin'

Hi, there,
Glad you could drop by and visit for a while. Right now I'm just going to ramble a little bit, give you a little background information about me, JB. As of now, I'm 61 years old, livin' alone and lovin' it, working for a local Waffle House as a server, and Mom to an almost 40-year old son, who lives in Florida. My location is a little town in Georgia, about ten or so miles from Atlanta. It's a very sleepy little town, nothing going on except traffic. There's a K-Mart, Burger King, Taco Bell, Cap'n D's, a couple places to get tires fixed, a couple or more filling stations, a Publix, Kroger, Dollar General, and a fantastic Dollar Tree that I call "my Macy's." Of course there are more stores, and there's even a bowling alley, but I've never graced the doors of that: I don't like to bowl, and I don't bowl well.

What do I like? Well, I love fooling around on the computer, I love to read, I do a little crafting here and there, and I love to eat, as well as to read about food: Bon Appetit, Gourmet, Vegetarian Times, vegetarian/vegan cookbooks, and all the vegetarian/vegan blogs I can find.

And, there are lots and lots and lots of the vegetarian/vegan blogs, so mine is just a drop in a huge, wonderful bucket, and nothing here is original. I don't think, that is. The recipes I post here are all from sources that I'll give full credit to. I'm also going to list menus here, the ones that I have eaten or plan to eat. Most of what will be posted here will be quite simple, no great long ingredient lists, no weird foods or food combinations...well, I'd better clarify that to say that I don't think there's any weird foods or combinations here, lol. You might disagree, I realize that fully. YOU may think tofu is weird, whereas I don't. Or tempeh?!?! Ok, tempeh is a little weird, I admit, but I'm working on finding recipes that use it and taste good. For instance, tonight I'm going to have BBQ Tempeh, that I made a couple weeks ago and then froze the leftovers for a night when I didn't want to cook...like tonight...but I'm going to have to tinker with it. The recipe I used called for too much tamari, so I've got to change that somehow. I'll work on it, lol. But the menu itself is easy: baked potato, green beans, and the BBQ. If you wanted to, you could put the BBQ over rice, noodles, or just buns, any kind you like. I think I'm going to put some soy-based Parmesan cheese in it, too, and add some more water, to dilute the tamari flavor somewhat. I'll let you know if it worked or not.

That's all I'm going to say for now, I'll be back some other time, and then get serious about posting...I hope, lol. I think there's a place here where you can comment if you wish, and, if you wish, feel free!!!!

1 comment:

Sherrie said...

Hi there JB!
Your blog looks great ! I can't wait to see your recipes and ramblings ! Good job !

Click to Mix and Solve Click for Mableton, Georgia Forecast