Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Homemade Vegetarian Pizza(non-vegan)

Lovely day, as well as being a serendipitous day, also! I'm supposed to work on Tuesdays, but yesterday, one of my co-workers asked me if I'd let her work, as she needed to make some extra cash. After thinking about it for, oh, maybe ten seconds, I told her it was fine by me, lol. I love my Dad dearly, I enjoyed his visit, but I figured it would be nice to be home alone and get some things done that I've been neglecting. And, that's just what I've done. Swept and mopped the kitchen floor, washed, dried, and put away a load of sheets and part of the shabbily chic secondhand store fabrics I use to cover the love seat, and then a load of towels, plus put away a bunch of clean laundry that's been resting in "The Chair" in the bedroom. Hey, don't roll your eyes at me, Iknow darned well you've got "The Chair," or something like it, in your bedroom, too. So there! And the dishes are done, and the counters thoroughly cleaned. Wanted to vacuum, but just can't do it, sigh. Maybe later this week?!?!?

Last night I decided I'd better figure out a way to use the lone zucchini in the 'fridge, so decided to make a pizza. This is going to be one of those "to taste...as you like it..." recipes, except for the crust, which is totally different from a real pizza crust. I got the recipe from a box of biscuit mix, I kid you not, and while it doesn't taste like real pizza dough, it's quick, easy, and will do in a pinch.

.................................................Biscuit Mix Pizza Dough.............................................

1 1/2 cups baking mix
1/4 cup hot water
1 tbs. vegetable oil{I used olive oil, use whatever you like best}

Heat oven to 400ºF. In mixing bowl, mix the baking mix, hot water, and the oil until a soft dough forms. Beat dough about 20 strokes, and let dough stand for about 8-10 minutes. {I chose to knead the dough about 20 times instead of beating it, and kneaded it right on the baking sheet.}

Grease baking sheet, or a pizza pan. Using hands dipped in baking mix, press dough into a 13-inch circle on the baking sheet, pinching up edges 1/2 inches, or press the dough into the pizza pan.

Ok, now the fun begins, as you can put anything you want to on this dough. I thawed and then wrung out in a dry kitchen towel a 10-oz. package of spinach, which I spread right on the dough. I scattered about half a cup of diced raw onions over that. While the dough was resting, I had washed and sliced the zucchini, put it in a mixing bowl, sprinkled it with about a teaspoonful of dried thyme, and then some olive oil. Then I mixed it all with my hands, so that every slice had a little thyme and some oil on it. The slices went on top of the onions, and on top of the zucchini, I crumbled/spread chevre goat cheese, the kind that comes seasoned with basil and sun-dried tomato. Then I sprinkled vegetarian Parmesan over the whole thing, and put it in the oven for, oh, I guess about 20 minutes, or until the crust is nice and brown. That's it, that's all there is to it.

I ate half of it for supper last night, and I ate the other half, cold, this afternoon. It's good cold, too.

Tonight I'm going to make some kind of soup, and some more biscuits. LOVE my hot buttered biscuits!!! Until next time, Happy Eating!!!!

2 comments:

Sherrie said...

Ohhhh kewl, I'm gonna try that pizza crust !

Unknown said...

you can try these out n6j81g2o24 louis vuitton replica handbags replica bags for sale a8u15t3n99 replica bags in uk read the article q4l73e8v57 replica bags wholesale india replica bags gucci company website d4q58l3h59 replica bags bangkok

Click to Mix and Solve Click for Mableton, Georgia Forecast